Wine of the Week; 2013 Copain P2

Every Thursday I feature a wine I particularly enjoy, whether it’s something new and different, is a great value, or from a producer worth checking out.  My Wine Of The Week is the 2013 Copain P2 The Winery Copain Winery was founded by winemaker Wells Guthrie in 1999.  According to the Copain website… Wells Guthrie discovered early on that his taste in wine…

Recap of the 2014 Seven % Solution Tasting

Last week, I attended the second “Seven % Solution tasting in San Francisco.  The event was organized by Bergamot Alley.   It’s a unique event premised on the following: Roughly 93% of Northern California Vineyard acreage is planted to eight grape varieties. The remaining 7% of acreage is home to an impressive aggregation of lesser known…

#DrinkPink Rosé of the Week: 2012 Copain Tous Ensemble Rosé

It’s that time of year… Yes, it’s Rosé season!. With that in mind, I’ve embarked upon a series of weekly “Drink Pink!“ Rosé tastings.  This week’s Rosé is the 2012 Copain Tous Ensemble Rosé. The Winery Copain Winery was founded by winemaker Wells Guthrie in 1999.  According to the Copain website… Wells Guthrie discovered early on that his taste in wine gravitated toward Europe in…

Wine Of The Week: 2009 Copain Syrah Les Voisins

My Wine Of The Week for October 13 – October 19 is the 2009 Copain Syrah Les Voisins. The Winery Copain Winery was founded by winemaker Wells Guthrie in 1999.  The winery sits atop a hillside with an astounding view of the Russian River Valley.  As I looked out over the valley on gorgeous Indian summer day, I was struck with a…