World-wide Chardonnay day is a week from today on Thursday May 26th
If you’d like to participate, following are 5 Tips for participating in #Chardonnay Day from Rick Bakas:
- Organize a get together at your home, winery, restaurant or wine shop. Add it to the Meetup.com/Chardonnay list so others know where to go.
- On May 26th, share any photos, videos, blog posts or any other stuff making sure to include #Chardonnay in your posting. You can post on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, WordPress, Plancast, Foursquare, Gowalla or any other social media site.
- See what other people are saying by searching “#Chardonnay” on Google, search.twitter.com, Tweetdeck, kurrently or Twitterfall.
- Get wines like Chardonnay, White Burgundy, Blanc de Blancs (or other sparkling made with Chardonnay) and get friends together to geek out.
- Have fun. It’s like a giant dining room table where everyone can pull up a chair and join the conversation.
As for me, while I’m not a huge Chardonnay fan, I’ve been holding on to very nice bottle of Ridge Santa Cruz Mountains Chardonnay, and I’ll be popping and pouring that!
Looking for a little something something to pair with your glass of Chard? Check out these recipes:
Quick and Easy Shrimp Dip (Whole Foods)
Pizza with Le Gruyere and Ham (Whole Foods)
Other stuff that may be of interest:
California Chardonnay: Making A Comeback? (Video from the Daily Grape)